NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Monday, October 11, 2010

What Not to Do

Right now I’m laughing at myself. I have a way of getting myself into pickle jars. And by pickle jars I mean, I’m not real good at following protocol. Never have been.

When I got my first computer, I learned how to use it by pushing buttons not by reading an instruction book (lost lots of homework that way while in college).

When the doctor prescribed me birth control pills, I tossed the instructions, and took my pill when I remembered it (you’re suppose to take it at the same time everyday…this explains five children).

Recently, I bought a cheap digital camera so I could download pictures to my blog, Facebook, and Twitter pages. I’ve lost all my pictures I’ve taken over that last couple of weeks. Pushing them doggone buttons again without reading the manual (I could blame it on the Wicked Witch and Flying Monkeys, perhaps). I’m sure when my hubby reads this he’ll shake his head and wag his finger at me.

When I signed up for an interview to pitch my book I didn’t go to that particular publisher’s website to review their requirements. What a dumb thing to do. Now I have to work like the wind to achieve thirty thousand more words. Got two weekends before I pitch.

Lesson learned: FOLLOW PROTOCOL! Especially a publishing matter. You don’t want to look like a total idiot or have to work twice as hard. There may come a day when the Good Witch will leave you to your own demise like the Wizard (Jerk!).

And remember: Take your birth control pill at the same time everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. And, a lesson learned, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Shelly, you crack me up. Yes, try to follow protocol unless you like chaos. Sometimes I do, but...

    Best wishes on your pitch too, get to work on those 30K girl, hehehe. Have fun with it too. Try to bottle some of those hotflashes from twitter too.*wink*

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.