NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sir Poops and Hair Ball: What’s Your Nosh Tuesday, Author Janet Rockey

  IMG_0485

SPAL: Today is What’s your nosh Tuesday.

HB: Again?

SPAL: Yes. Today is that day where we help promote new and Indie authors’ published work or something they’re working on from their WIPS. IMG_0490

HB: But we’re supposed to get some nosh in return for this, guys. We like cheese. We’d like to try some chocolate. And we lover watermelon.

SPAL:***looks out to the blogosphere*** Please ignore my brother. He’s stupid and rude.

HB: Well, you’re a pansy, pansy-boy.

SPAL: Anyway, we’ve got one of Mummsy’s critters today. Mummsy calls her the Grammar Angel from her writing group.

IMG_0493HB: Yeah. DO you think she has angel food cake?

SPAL: Is that all you ever think about?

HB: ***smiles***

SPAL: Just behave. I see her coming.

HB: Where?

SPAL: The pretty blonde lady.

HB: She is purdy. Can I hug her leg?

SPAL: That’s not what you do though. You’re a humper. Don’t you dare! ***he looks up*** Please nice people welcome Janet Rockey.

IMG_0482

HB: ***hugs her leg*** We’re very happy to see you.

SPAL: ***removes HB from her leg*** I apologize, Miss Janet. ***he looks at HB***Do you want timeout?

HB: ***he frowns and puts his tail between his legs***

SPAL: ***he turns and faces Miss Janet*** I’m so sorry. This is supposed to be a professional  interview. Let us proceed. Do tell us what you like to snack on when you're writing? Tell me why you like it.

JR: I don't nosh while I'm writing because I don't want sticky, greasy, and/or orange computer keys from the Cheetos (cheese that goes crunch!).

HB: ***gasps*** No treats. No cookies. No chocolate. No nosh?!

SPAL: Every one is different.

JR: I find  eating  a distraction.

HB: OMG! I can’t believe this. Absolutely, no nosh!

SPAL: ***shh*** Sorry again, Miss Janet. Just ignore him. He’s got food issues if you haven’t figured that out. So please tell me, do you have any published books out there? 

JR: Yes!

SPAL: That is wonderful. What are they?

JR: They are all anthologies.

God's Handprints (Thy Will Be Done)

God's Handprints

Chicken Soup for the Soul: What I Learned from the Cat (Romeow & Julicat)

Chicken Soup What I Learned From The Cat-A

Heavenly Humor for the Cat Lover's Soul (Silhouette on the Shade)

Heavenly Humor for the Cat Lover's Soul

Heavenly Humor for the Mother's Soul (7 stories)

NA001778

 

Heavenly Humor for the Dieter's Soul (5 stories)

Heavenly Humor for the Dieters Soul BN

 

Women of the Secret Place (My Pearl - Shirley)

WOSP Cover

Also, I will have 2 stories in Chicken Soup for the Soul: I Can't Believe My Cat Did That! (Mewsic Critic & Taming My Ogre) - available September 2012.

SPAL: That’s a lot of cat stories you wrote. Where can we find them?

JR: Chicken Soup for the Soul:

http://www.chickensoup.com/

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/

Barnes & Noble

www.barnesandnoble.com Or save the tax & shipping...the trunk of my car.

You can also order the Heavenly Humor series from Barbour Publishing:

(http://www.barbourbooks.com/Catalog/ProductSearch)

SPAL: You can also visit Janet at the following:

http://rockeywrites.blogspot.com

 https://www.amazon.com/author/janetrockey

http://www.wordweaversonline.com/

SPAL: Thank you for sharing with us today.

JR: ***pets SPAL and HB***

HB: Yeah. But next time bring something to the table. How do expect me to eat books?  IMG_0481

24 comments:

  1. HB, I'm with you... Angel food cake is delicious. Love the interview. Best of luck to you, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair Ball loves cake when he can get away with it.

      Delete
  2. WOW! Janet's written lots of stuff PLUS this amazing lady is your Grammar Angel from your writing group? You are soooo lucky...
    Do these two EVER think about other things besides nosh? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. She is one busy lady and great with grammar. Hair Ball thinks about food 24/7. Sir Poops does sometimes.

      Delete
  3. So cute that I tweeted. Angel food is delicious with fresh strawberries. 'jus saying. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very busy, Janet! Nice to meet you.

    Hairball, of course, has a one track... well, two track mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, more cat stories. Sounds like Sir William might be meeting his soul mate. Love the last photo. Sooo cute! Kisses and peanuts to HB and Poopsie. Nibbles from Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest picture of them in the box!

    Way to go on all of the anthologies. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the box idea. Nice to meet someone who writes about cats. Oh, boy to I have enough material here!

    I sitll have not sent you my nosh bit yet. I'm ashamed to say I don't nosh much either! But the fluids, I do. Maybe I'll give you something in a few days.

    Hugs!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview!

    Good luck to you, Janet, with all your anthologies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY gracious of the dogs to allow such a cat-sentric post for What's Your Nosh. Very gracious, indeed... :-)

    Best of luck to Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think so? I, Sir Poops, love kitties. I was raised by them. That's why I'm smart and Hair Ball is stupid.

      Delete
  10. I also try not to eat anything greasy by my computer...but I don't find eating and writing distracting...just messy sometimes LOL...However, if it's a meal that won't cause my fingers to be all icky, I'll go for it...

    Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Beth.

      Sir Poops and Hair Ball

      Delete
  11. SPAL and HB are truly unique interviewers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. They are. Hair Ball being the most interesting of the two.

      Delete

Let me know what you think.