NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Alex J. Cavanaugh, The Insecure Writer’s Group: Storms

InsecureWritersSupportGroupOh boy! The first Wednesday of the month comes real fast. It’s time again for Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer’s Group where we writers can either tell about what we’re afraid of or offer encouragement.

Today, I’m going to try and keep it short. It’s 6:16 AM at my house. All is silent up until 7 AM. I’ve got Glowstick again.

DSCN3085

And it looks like he’ll be staying around for awhile. I posted about it at my other blog last Friday over at Secondhand Shoes. Since that blog, I’ve learned that my daughter now stays drunk as much as she can and got back into mildly using her drug of choice-whatever that could mean.

We all have storms we go through. This one has been looming over me since I heard my daughter was expecting Glowstick. When he was four months old he lived with us for about eight weeks. The state was called and they did nothing in his defense to keep him safe which blew my court filings for custody out the window. The state had me return him because the county my daughter lives in wanted the case there-for funding purposes most likely.

So I ask that you all pray for Glowstick and my daughter as well. Me, too. I’m juggling and my insides are a little sick this morning because the state will be involved again.

Also, remember to pray for the Storm Sandy victims. My sister-in-law was one of them. She had two houses, one a rental, and the other vacation house, on The Shore were both flooded and smashed to smithereens. And her only son has autism. The storm has really rocked this kid’s world apart. The vacation house was used for his peace of mind and the family’s on the weekends. Now its gone.

And also, we all need to remember to keep this blogosphere in our prayers and send out positive thoughts to one another. Each one of us has our own personal storm that we struggle with and we need to remember that and not get mad if someone doesn't visit or comment on our posts. Crap happens. And sometimes certain things have to be set aside in order for those to get through the damage of their own personal storm.

So this blog is going on hiatus. I’m thinking up until January sometime. ***shrugs*** But I will read and comment as much as time will allow me between Glowstick, work, and getting Secondhand Shoes out there-and the writing of the next novel.

And please remember to give to the Red Cross. If everyone donated just a dollar, the people in need because of Storm Sandy would recover quicker.

Hugs and chocolate!

Shelly

PS I won’t be able to visit any blogs today. Apologies. But I’ll be around tomorrow and Friday. Crossing my fingers.

25 comments:

  1. Stormy times often give us the most strength. Hang in there, I will be praying your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, you and Glowstick are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely will keep you and Glowstick in my thoughts and prayers through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! Praying for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for all you're going through, you and your family. Stay strong...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's rough. He's a little cutie! I hope things get better for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll miss you but hopefully we can keep in touch a little bit. Glowstick is so lucky to have you in his life. What a cutie. Big hugs and yes prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that baby. He is so cute and so lucky to have you. Prayers that your daughter turns her life around. Don't worry about comments - take a break if you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your troubles, and those of your sister-in-law and the millions of storm victims', too. It really makes my little writing problems seem silly. You and Glowstick are in my thoughts. My very best to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww I hope everything works out with Glowstick! I hope you get custody because I feel like you would do an amazing job raising him!!!!

    Lots and lots of love,
    Avantika

    avantikachitturi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll miss ya.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Shelly! Recently you left a comment about the interview with your dogs. I remember us talking about it, but don't recall the date and I don't think I have the interview questions. I sent you an email last week but never heard back. Hope everything is all right and let me know what's up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, I'll get them over to you. I've revised them anyway. Been busy with the baby and work, too.

      Delete
  14. You're in my thoughts, Shelly. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're doing okay, Shelly! I'm sure you'll weather all these storms. In the meantime, lots of prayers going around for you.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really sorry to hear about your daughter and about your sister-in-law and nephew. Change is so rough on those with autism. You're all in my thoughts. We are having our own struggle saving my nephew from an alcoholic, neglectful mother (my brother currently has him, safe and sound), and it is not a nice process. I'm sorry you have to deal with it. Take whatever break you need. We'll be here when you get back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry to hear this, Shelly. I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers. We'll see you when you return to the blogosphere, til then, God bless and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shannon, PK, and Sarah,

    Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.