NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Insecure Writer’s Group Today: Time

 

InsecureWritersSupportGroup Today, is the day for Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer’s Group to express their insecurities or encourage each other. And I’m late, I know. I got called into work so my world got a little shaken this morning. But I’ve decided for 2013 I’m not going to stress. When things get done, they’ll get done.

I know this blog has been on vacation. But some family business needed to tending to.  Glowstick and Tinkerbell are currently doing much better. But I’m always on call for my grandsons and daughter. What are moms for? Right?

While on my hiatus from blogging, I’ve been doing a lot of reflection about my time. Mostly the time to finish my newest novel.

Sir Poops and Hair Ball will keep their posts going, What’s Your Nosh Tuesdays. And I have a new guy who will be posting when the boys don’t have a Tuesday filled. His name is Boy Toy. That’s all I will tell you for now because his mission or missions are top secret until he posts. So I’m cutting down on my posting time, guys. I really need to.

In the past, I’ve ranted about my health issues. And I really don’t want to do that here. I’ll stick with the Insecure Writer’s Group every month. And I may do the April A to Z blogging thing. ***shrugs*** Don’t know though. That all depends on whether or not I finish my newest project.

Anyhow, I really don’t know how some of you do this blogging thing. Some blog three to seven days a week. I admire all of you that can keep this kind of schedule up. Really, I do.

I know a lot of you work other jobs, have kids, and have the same mundane chores that I do. Plus, you’re all working toward your dream of being accomplished and published writers. All of you are so amazing!

You all blow me away. Really. I hope this New Year brings you all one step closer to your dreams. Keep running your race! You’ll get there eventually.

Hugs and chocolate,

Shelly

 

 

***

witchs nocturne scaled and final

 

E.J. Wesley’s, Witch’s Nocturne, is up on Amazon, for 99 cents. I’ve already got my copy. Stop by and check it out. It’s Book II to his Moonsong Series.

 

***

Secondhand Shoes is now in paperback on Amazon only. The ebook should be ready by the end of the month. I’m thinking party time by the beginning of February. I don’t want to overload anybody.

Secondhand_Shoes[1]

Click Here to Like or just check it out

Hugs and chocolate again!

36 comments:

  1. Three days a week is all I can manage, and on days like this, it overwhelms even me. Stick with a plan and schedule that works for you, Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I'm going to do. Thank you, Alex.

      Delete
  2. If you have a party, I'll bring chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peanut butter cups? Chili's Molten Lave Chocolate Cake? Mmmm...that would be good.

      Delete
  3. You'll have a review out of me for Secondhand Shoes, since I'm already so familiar with it. It's a good one.

    The A-Z challenge might well be too much for many bloggers to do, particularly when stress enters the picture. I know it's not something I can do myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sir Wills.

      I'm just not gonna stress anymore. I just want to write.

      Delete
  4. I can't keep up with a regular blogging schedule, since I work and have children, but I try to keep up with what others are doing. It's not always easy.

    Hope you have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to do what works for you. Some people manage to do--and do well at that--so many things... then there are those like you and me who seem to be one step behind most of the time. Still, all that matters is to keep fighting for our dreams. Best of luck to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of yourself and your family, and get your novel done because that's clearly important to you. If you post once a week, we'll read it. Nothing bad will happen if you skip the A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously it's done. You know what I mean...all the stuff after it's done. The hard stuff. :)

      Delete
    2. It is perfect. I went over it, over and over again. It's beautiful.

      Delete
  7. Pretty much what everyone else said...it's all about whatever works for you. Good luck with sales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very, very difficult to balance blogging, writing, blog visits and reading...... plus I'd like to add the fact that your health is the main consideration Shelly!
    Yay to the party!! I'll provide the entertainment - would you like me to DJ or would you prefer live singing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly, I don't know how everyone blogs so much either. I need to cut back - I simply can't keep up.

    Good to see you back. Boy Toy sounds intriguing.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how these peeps do this. They're awesome or they just don't sleep or both.

      Delete
  10. I just cannot do every day of the week. There's too much other stuff that needs to be done! I went from three days a week to twice a week about a year ago, and that's a perfect, happy medium for me. (M and Thursdays)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to stick with Tuesdays. Plus, I have my other blog.

      Delete
  11. Aww, please do the A to Z this year again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I once blogged 7 days a week, then it went down to five, three, and now I'm lucky if I get two in a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets overwhelming sometimes. There are sooo many things to do that we writers need to get done.

      Delete
  13. hope your health improves this week.:) I'm still thinking about the a-z as well:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyday, I put out in the Universe that I'll work on improving my health. It would be nice if autoimmune diseases could be completely cured. I tried kineseology. It helped me with the muscle spasms and cramps I get. But I also listen to my body when it gets fatigued. Today, I'm in bed working.

      I have a planned A to Z but I don't know if I'll do it. Its a big commitment.

      Delete
  14. I don't know how people do it, either. I always feel like I'm running behind. Good luck with Secondhand Shoes!

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both books look like good reads... And it can be hard to keep up with blogging... Sometimes, it's a matter of 'having to get it off your chest' You know? I blog product reviews & giveaways, so it's a bit easier for me... I get books & products in the mail & email every other day, and since typing is much easier than writing with a pen, blogging is a regular thing. It gets easier!!

    Thanks!
    Marianne
    Sandling All Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Glad you visited today. Thank you.

      Delete
  16. Insecure writer? No way! I think I'm wonderful and can't for the life of me figure out why those agents and editors haven't seen it too.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will. Or you could always fly on your own.

      Delete
  17. Visiting via William Kendall's blog, which included a wonderful review of your book - congratulations and good luck! It sounds a terrific story!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your book, i wouldnt stress either, and yay chocolate

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.