NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sick of Being Sick and Tired?

Today, I’m in bed. Was yesterday, too. Low blood pressure and fatigue have come for a visit again, but it doesn’t keep me from writing or perusing the blogosphere. You all keep me going…your blog posts and your progress in your writing lives and the fact that you all share REALBIE things… it keeps the depression that creeps up on me at bay.

Yesterday, Tinkerbell, the daughter that struggles with a strong addiction to Oxycodone and Zanax, called me in tears. She’s really struggling with the withdrawals. Depression has been at her back door to the point she doesn’t want to be around the Glowstick. She asked, “What can I do, mommy?”

I said, “Find something you like to do even if its eating a pint of your favorite ice cream, walk, watch a funny movie, but don’t curl up into a ball and be alone.” I take my own advice everyday since I wrangle with depression. Wished my daughter could find a group of peeps like all of you.

Anyway, while perusing this morning, I found a fellow blogger with similar thyroid issues to mine. She posted about what she’s going through. And I wanted to share just in case someone else is feeling blue, fatigued, nauseas, dizzy, achy, foggy, etc..Marta pleads with every woman to get their thyroid checked. It could save your life or at least help you to cope.

Marta, thanks for being a REALBIE. Hugs and chocolate to you and to everyone else!

Shelly

20 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, E.J.

      I hate getting like this. Its like being in a prison.

      Delete
  2. I have been on thyroid meds ever since I was 25 and let me tell you I still feel terrible. But I also have Valley Fever, (horrible the worst precursor) which can lead and did in my life to arthritis, fibromyligia and lucky me lupus.
    Sometimes it is very easy to give in I have been dealing with this for over 40 years.
    So I understand your fatigue !

    I hope you feel better, soon spring will be here soon.
    Take care...

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling good and bad comes in waves. I hate being kept down. I'm normally a go-getter. It doesn't help that my job is very physical. A hair lopper.

      As for the meds, its just a band aid solution to help make your thyroid cope.

      Delete
  3. Hope you're feeling better, Shelly! Thanks for sharing the thyroid info. Hope things get better for Tinkerbell, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria. As for Tinkerbell, I do understand the depression but no the addiction part. Wished I could do more for her.

      Delete
  4. Shelly, I sometimes wonder how you keep going. I have a boatload of health issues, but I don't have the family issues you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you are resting. Hope you're better soon.
    I'm just sick of being COLD!!! Gonna get down below zero tonight! Which means no picnic going out to our buses tomorrow morning in the dark.

    Tonight I had to light a dozen candles in my room, along with one blower heater and the radiator one behind me. I've dealt with cold houses all my frigging life! And yet I still get the writing done!

    Chocolate Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In terms of the depression, I know where your daughter is coming from. Been there, and it just drains the life and energy out. I've had my share of black dog days. Weeks. Months. Years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not fun. I have it because of the thyroid issues. I do a lot of self-talk to get me through.

      Delete
  7. Feel better soon. I get high blood pressure when I worry about others so I won't worry about you too much. I know Sweetman is there holding your hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He is coaching me on being a coach potato.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear of your difficulties, Shelly. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had mine checked, but for a different reason.

    Maybe your daughter could start blogging?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.