NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sir Poops and Hair Ball: What’s Your Nosh Tuesday

IMG_0485SPAL: It’s  What’s Your Nosh Tuesday, everyone.

HB: Yup. And I’m doing it today since I’m sporting an annoying head cone. Daddy-o nicked my eyelid the other night when he attempted shaving me. Mummsy’s hands bother her and so…well..the Daddy-O butchered me a good one.

IMG_0084

SPAL: You need to remember, this is not about you. This is to help promote the new and Indie author. This is not about you having ouchies and getting treats by no means. I want to see excerpts from current WIPS and what our authors have published. You wear me out, stupid. It’s the same argument every Tuesday.

IMG_0086

HB: Whatever, pansy-boy. I’m an injured pup and I deserve some justice. A nice treat would fix me up real nice.

SPAL: If you would’ve held still you’re eye would be okay. And if you keep fussing when Daddy-O goes to put the drops and salve on your eye, it won’t get better either. Which means you’ll have to go to The-Land-of-Lots-of-Torture where the evil, green-king lives and get a big shot in your butt. ***shrugs and then faces the audience***Today, I’d like to introduce, Mark Hunter.

MArk hunter

 

HB: ***sticks his tongue out at SPAL before turning toward Mark***Hello, Mr. Nice-Man. Do you think you could spare some---

SPAL: ***elbows HB and smiles at Mark*** What do you like to snack on when you’re writing? Tell me why you like it.

MH: Bit O’ Honey, in the package of bit-size candy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit-O-Honey

It’s low in fat and sugar and high in awesomeness: Plus, it’s chewy, so I don’t eat too many too fast.

HB: I hear honey is good when fur peeps are sick. ***he coughs and then sniffles*** I hear its good for a fever.

SPAL: **rolls his eyes*** Is it crunchy or soft?

MH: Hard in your hand, soft in your mouth. Wait, let me rephrase that …

HB: Huh? I thought you were talking about honey. Not bones. Although, a bone would be nice.

SPAL: ***shh!*** MR. Nice-Man is it salty or sweet?

MH: Sweetish.

HB: ***licks his chops*** I’ve never heard of a sweet bone before.

SPAL: ***whispers to Hair Ball*** He’s not talking about bones, stupid. ***He turns to Mark***Does it get your creative juices flowing?

MH: I never really thought about it … not really – it just keeps me from rummaging through the house for something even worse.

HB: Like the garbage can?

SPAL: ***whispers to HAir Ball ***turns to look at Mark***Do you have any fur or feathered-peeps you like to share your nosh with?

MH: Baeowolf the giant dog, and Lucius, the cowardly ball python … although Lucius is more my wife’s pet. And has no fur, or feathers.

HB: Ewwwwwe. You have a snake? Oh…that’s not good. One of those things got me one day while I was outside to take my whiz.

SPAL: Yeah. Because you whizzed on his head, stupid. You need to watch where you point your whizzer. ***he looks at Mark*** Don’t pay any attention to my stupid brother. He always messes up the interview. My apologies, Mr. Nice-Man. Shall we continue. Do your fur and slithery peeps help you write like we help our Mummsy write? She says we’re her muses.

MH: Not really … although we’ve only had Bae for a few weeks, so we’ll see.

SPAL: Do you have any published books out there that your pets helped you with?

MH: Emily and I are definitely discussing doing a book with Bae!

SPAL: I’d like to write my own book, too. Could you please share an excerpt from your work in progress if you haven’t published anything yet.

“In those days, the entire population of a town would turn out to give what help they could at the call of ‘fire!’ In some communities the law stated everyone had to own at least one bucket. As the alarm spread, people would throw their buckets out the window, where they’d be grabbed up, until everyone formed bucket brigades to splash water on the fire.

How many concussions resulted from fallen buckets hasn’t been documented.“

-- Smoky Days and Sleepless Nights: A Century Or So With the Albion Fire Department

You can also find two of my books over at Amazon:

storm chaser

Click here to check it out

and

storm chaser shorts

Click here to check it out

SPAL: Thank you for sharing, Mr. Nice-Man.

MH: Awe. Thank you. My pleasure.

HB: But I’m really sick. I think I’m catching a fever and in need of some honey.

IMG_0085

 

***

Don’t go yet. Gail Baugniet has released her book, With Jealous Intent.

WITH JEALOUS INTENT cover w.bow wht frame croplite

Click here for more info

***

IMG_0081

Also, Mummsy has been selling her paperback on her own and doing insy-winsy silent book signings at Starbuck’s and behind her salon chair. And currently, she’s been wrangling with the ebook format. Any day now and she will announce when she’ll do the blog party.

***

IMG_0490

And too, we’re looking for peeps to interview. If interested, let us know. Right now, we have no one in February. That means Boy-Toy will be around.  And I have no clue what he’s all about either. I’m almost afraid to find out. Mummsy’s been keeping it a secret and laughs this wicked laugh when we ask her. it even has Daddy-O on edge.

Lots of Licks,

Sir Poops and Hair Ball

66 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your eyelid hairball. I'm sending you a virtual hug. Mark, you didn't tell me that your history of the fire department wasn't boring. I naturally thought, well ... It sounds like it'll be a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair Ball loves hugs. Thank you, Nice Lady. Can I hug your leg?

      Delete
    2. Well, it is a local history book, after all, so its sphere of interest might be limited ... just the same, I'm going to make it as interesting as I possibly can!

      Delete
  2. Great interview Hair Ball. Hope you feel better soon. I think honey could get too messy for you! Mr. Mark Hunter is a nice guy and I like the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Evie. But I don't like this cone thing much. it gets in my way.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I suspect honey would be much too messy for a dog, and Bit O' Honey too chewy ...

      Delete
  3. Poor Hair Ball!
    A snake? Not a chance.
    And no comment on the crunchy or soft answer, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I Hair Ball whizzed on a rat snake. It was the scariest whiz I ever took. It's a true story. The creepy thing jumped at me and I jumped, too.

      Delete
    2. That would have been the last whiz I'd have been able to take for weeks ...

      Delete
  4. Ouch. Yeah, I was always scared when I had to trim our dog. Even the professional groomer nicked her once in a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I walked into the bathroom both Hubby and Hair Ball were quivering and whimpering. And I thought my little boy had lost his eyeball. There was soooo much blood.

      Delete
    2. I took Bae to a groomer to trim his toenails ... just couldn't work up the nerve.

      Delete
  5. Great post today...
    Sorry about the nicked eye lid.
    When my first Scotty came home from her "fix" operation... she was moping around feeling sorry for herself. The vet called to see how she was and I told him she is so sad and mopey.... he said " tell the little princess to get over it, she is just fine" as she was on the bed with me I told her the Doctor said your fine, get over it... She looked at me did a little shake got her toy and wanted to play... she was fine after that.
    You just never know.

    Woofs from the Square Ones
    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor me. Poor little me. Poor, poor Hair Ball. No one gave no honey or treats. Poor. Sick, little me.

      Delete
    2. Our pets are smarter than we think!

      Delete
  6. Cool book news. Man up, Hairball. A cone is temporary. Revenge is forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should I whiz in Daddy-O's shoes, you think?

      Delete
    2. Writing the book was definitely less painful than getting nicked during a trim! A little more time consuming, though.

      Delete
  7. Poor doggy. :-( Those cones look really ... restrictive? We've clipped the quick on Alex' nail before and it bled forever (even with all of the stop bleeding stuff). We felt horrible for days, but she got a bacon treat and was over it as soon as we let her up to play. lol

    Loved Mark's responses and interview. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't itch my eye. Someone needs to itch Hair Ball's eye.

      Delete
    2. Glad you liked the interview! The interviewers stole the show, though.

      Delete
  8. Bit-O-Honey? I LOVE Bit-O-Honey! Nice to know somebody else loves it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, aren't they? They disappeared around here for awhile, but a Dollar General came to town and I've been their best bit O' customer.

      Delete
  9. Excellent responses, Mark!

    And Baeowof's a good name for a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can interview me when I'm famous.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/01/wordless-wednesday-drivers.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw,I hope I didn't cause poor HB any post-snake pee nightmares! They were very brave to stay with the whole interview, despite talk of slithery things and giant dogs. I don't think they'd like Bit-O-Honey, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I don't know. HB likes peppermint candy and Twizzlers.

      Delete
    2. Well, there's something to be said for chewy! Bae loves bread and crackers, of all things, but then we've never given him sweets.

      Delete
  12. Sorry to hear about HB's accident. I once cut the quick on my dogs paw and I felt so bad. :( Those cones are silly though! Great interview and definitely going to check out the suggested books. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut my dog's quick too, many years ago -- I've never been able to bring myself to try cutting a dog's nails since!

      Delete
  13. Hair Ball looks so pathetic in that head bucket. I thought Mark handled the difficult interview environment extremely well. I too like honey while I'm writing... and peanut butter and chocolate and I shall now go and check out his books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, after so many days now Hair Ball has acclimated to the head cone.

      Delete
    2. My preference would be chocolate, but I have a wife and a doctor who've cut me down on that. Don't you just hate it when people care about you enough to get involved? :-)

      Delete
  14. Great interview! Wonderful to know Mark. Although I do feel bad for poor Hairball's plight. Congrats on all the book signings,Shelly! Silent but deadly, I'm sure :)

    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you! I did my round of book signings in 2011, and have another round coming up later this year ... they make me very nervous.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Hey, Lydia:

      He's used to his cone now.

      Delete
    2. Who knows, maybe by the time it's gone he'll miss the cone!

      Delete
  16. Well. That was certainly a different approach for an author interview. Well done, doggy and woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've never been interviewed by animals before ... maybe this is good practice for if I ever end up the focus of a press conference.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Francene. And Mark you made me laugh.

      Delete
  17. A new twist on a dog-gone good author interview! :-) Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice words. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun interview, as always! I'm sorry to hear about Hair Ball, though.

    Baeowulf is a great name for a dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An appropriate name, for sure -- when he's playing and gets riled up, he's a huge force of nature!

      Delete
    2. Hair Ball is much better than he was. Thank you.

      Delete
  19. Ooh, cool! You have a python! Good luck with your books, Mark, and thanks for hosting Shelly and pups!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Silent book signings? Go Shelly go!
    I'm watching the post everyday... waiting for my copy! *claps hands excitedly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get it soon. It did travel quite a ways.

      Delete
  21. Sounds like you're busy, Shelly.

    Cute interview yet again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Shelly for the dog humor, as always. Mark's sure a good sport, lol.

    And congratulations on your novel. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shelly, poor doggy. No one wants to be called a Cone Head.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet little pups. :)

    Wonderful interview! I'll check out STORM CHASERS.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.