NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lions, Tigers, and Bears

I had a totally different post prepared for this morning but I changed my mind. A woman’s prerogative, right? Sometime in May I’ll post about my adventures in New York City with Sweetman. He makes my eye-brains cross, you know. It’s a good thing I love him.

Anyway, this morning while walking the dogs, I thought my heart stopped for a few seconds. My hands went clammy and tingly. Flashes of heat ran through me. Unrelenting dizziness took me over. I had to grab a near by tree.

I know, I know…you all are worried now. No, I didn’t have a heart attack or stroke. And yes, I’m going through that woman-morph disease they call the change but I don’t believe any of these were to blame.

You see, Friday’s coming. Okay….now I’ve got your eye-brains crossing.

You see, I signed up for the A to Z April Challenge put on by the blogger at Tossing it Out.  You know, where you blog about a word beginning with the particular letter of the day.

Right now I’m asking myself, “What have I done? You’re such a silly-nilly.”  That, I am. Biting off more than I can chew. Yup. That’s me. Silly-nilly.

Do I have plan? Kinda. I worked on one while flying to New York and when I got stuck at a letter…well…I’ve pretty much decided to do the Toastmaster’s Table Topics approach.

Let me explain Table Topics:

Someone throws out a word or topic for you to speak about in two minutes. However, if you can’t think about what to say about what you were given to speak about talk about something else. That’s the plan. I’ll write the letter and if I can’t think of anything….well…I’ll write about whatever comes to mind. Being unconventional is a good thing…I hope.

But, it doesn’t relieve me from being overwhelmed. Oh my, lions, tigers, and bears!

That’s all for now folks.

Happy blogging, reading, and writing!

Shelly

P.S. Remember to save a library today!

18 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds like it will be fun but hard! Can't wait to hear more about this!!

    Have fun!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really a gifted writer. I loved how you wrote, "He makes my eye-brains cross." You have such a distinct, its gonna take you far in the business! Love coming back to your blog.

    Russo @ www.threegnomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe You signed up for the challenge. It will not be easy. I'll be looking for your posts. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Aimee: Wow! Is right. What have I done to myself?

    @Russo: Thank you for your kindness and encouragement.

    @Jen: I can't believe I did that either. What have I done?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, I was asking myself the same question last night. What the hell was I thinking?! My husband thinks it's another sneaky way to procrastinate finishing my novel. I wish someone would challenge me to do that! A-Z here we come...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound like fun, but... very, very challenging!

    Save a library today? Is there some sort of mass world plan by a supervillain to destroy every library, or am I missing National Save A Library Day again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. William did you miss E.J's--Machines are winning?

    Shelly,
    I think you can do anything you set your mind to.
    Even Sweetman and Poopsie know this about you.
    I certainly know it. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Eve: Thanks for the encouragement.

    @Wills: Yes a super-all-knowing-villan is coming to close our libraries in a subtle way. I'm cynical. Remember?

    @Nikki: Novel no.: 1 is finished accept for filling in time lapses and plot holes...and the believability part. The second novel is about twenty-one chapters in and two characters have taken over. So, I have to rewrite what I've written. Anyway, I challenge you to finish your novel. In fact, I challenge you to go ahead and write the ending and fill in between. That's how I finished mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Shelly. I'm asking myself the same thing about A-Z. I did the NaBloPoMo for 31 days, so I guess I can do this one too! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Debra: Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As William stated, it does sound like fun but way too challenging for me...you know my humour...I'm not sure I could come up with a new blog everyday that would be funny...you know, A is for Apple...what could I write that's funny about an apple...? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are going to do well at it. My hubby did Toastmasters for several years (he failed at getting me into it) but he always had stories about the meeting's Table Topics. I think it's a good idea on your part. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ B. Pine: Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Misha: Hop.e so and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got a challenge ahead, but it sounds fun! Good luck:).

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.