NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?
NEED A GREAT COVER ARTIST?

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Book Review: Lorelei Bell's, Vampire Acsending


Before I begin with my review, I'd like to share what was on the Amazon.com product desription.

Here it is:

Sabrina Strong is a Touch Clairvoyant who knows a secret. She knows her mother was turned into a vampire when Sabrina was ten. Now that she is grown up, a powerful magnate in the Chicago business world hires her to reveal the identity of who relentlessly murders vampires in his ultra-modern stronghold of a hotel. Sabrina is not thrilled about the aspect of working for vampires, but she needs the money, and she wants to find the gorgeous and mysterious vampire who has been turning up in her dreams. Is he the one who bit her when she was ten, marked her for his own, and turned her mother so long ago? Little does Sabrina know that her whole life is about to change when her best friend becomes a victim, too, and Sabrina is the only one who can find her. Her friend's fate intensifies the desperate need to find the murderer and, consequently, brings her into contact with a rogue vampire. Sabrina is quickly immersed in romantic trysts and dangerous situations involving scheming vampires, shift changers, and werewolves. With "Vampire Ascending", Lorelei Bell has created a unique and mesmerizing mystery blending intricately detailed fantasy and romance within a contemporary setting. Her story features strong character development and provides new insights on a vampire's life including love, passion, heartache, hope, devastation, lust, and longing. Moreover, "Vampire Ascending" is an action-packed plot full of surprises. Bell delivers a well-written and satisfying story that will leave the reader wanting more.



When the writer introduces you to Sabrina Strong, a touch clairvoynt, she's on her way for a job interview, and is attacked by a werewolf, and bitten. Along comes hansome vampire, Nicolas, and his sidekick, Steve. They both rescue her, but not without tasting her blood. And, the best part to this, Nicolas is the guy she's to have the interview with. What a way to suck a reader in. Literally.

From there you'll learn he's interviewing her for a job for a hot vampire dude, Tremayne, a master vampire. His mate's been murdered and he needs Sabrina's clairvoyant skills to find her killer so he can seek revenge.

Warning before I go further, there's lots of hot dudes in this book. Vampires, of course. Werewolves and shapeshifters, too. Hot, hot, hot!(Fanning myself right now.)They've all got that thrall thing going on with SPECIAL skills (brow waggle here-if you know what I mean).

Why don't I just write about the hot dudes. Yup. Fart writing again.

Tremayne: Hot master vampire. Very wealthy. Finds Sabrina, irresistable. So much so he could kill her but not deliberately, of course.

Nicolas: Well, guess you could say he's Tremayne's trustworthy right-hand man. But, he's got the hots for Sabrina, too. Plus, he nipped her in the beginning of the story. So maybe he's not so trustworthy. Lorelie, you left me wondering about him, but for some reason I'm attracted to him, too. I like this guy. Do you think you could arrange a secret date between me and him?

Dante: He's the hot American Indian dude who's been assigned to protect Sabrina. But, guess what? He's got the hots for her, too. Oh, my...

Vasyl: He's the mystery vampire that bit her when she was ten. He's also a master vampire but is considered a rogue. Nothing and no one governs him. I'm not sure if he wants to like be a father to her or has the hots for her, too.

Well,to sum it all up, Sabrina is in a fine mess. She's got three bites to contend with. One by a werewolf, and two by vampires. If she doesn't have vampire thrall to worry about, she's got her own lust issues happening for all these men. Not to mention, she's got other big issues on her mind like: Will I turn into a werewolf? Will I eventually become a vampire? Maybe I'll become a hybrid werewolf-vampire mix? Which guy will be my mate? My soulmate? And, am I some special clairvoyant? Am I the sybil?

As you can see, Lorelei did a nice job of weaving a web of stuff for Sabrina. It all left me hanging.

Towards the end of this book I felt like I was running through the woods. The birds were singing. The trees were beautifully green. The sky was a clear blue. The sun was shining. I had a good pace going, and then suddenly it was like I fell off a cliff. Thank goodness I didn't break anything. I found something to hang onto.

I WANT THE NEXT BOOK! LIKE NOW! And, a date with Nicolas, please.

Shelly gives Vampire Ascending ten stars. What's the deal with five stars when you can have more?

Also, you can find Lorelei @ http://loreleismuse-lorelei.blogspot.com/

That's all for now folks!

Happy blogging, writing, and reading!

Shelly

PS Help save a library!

17 comments:

  1. Well, Shelly, you did not disappoint. Excellent review!

    Though I suffer from vampire overload and steer clear of anything involving vampires, you made this book sound quite interesting, indeed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and HOT! (I'm just continuing on with what Norma said...)

    I like Vampire stories, but I hate it when books leave you hanging at the end...while you patiently wait for the next book in the series to come out. (You won't find that with my trilogy...each of my books end without leaving you hanging)...

    So, while I'm attracted to getting this book, I'm leary of being held captive until the next book comes out...

    What to do? What to do??

    ReplyDelete
  3. shelly, I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shelly, nice review! I'm a big fan Lorelei, and a long-time follower of her blog. Really great to read such positive things about her work, because I know she gives it her all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everybody:

    Thanks for stopping by. I really love to hear from ya'll. Anyway, I really liked the web that Lorelei weaved for her main character. Imagine, being all tangled around a bunch of men that have the hots for you. Hmmm...I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear Shelly. What shall I do with you? You poor, poor dear got the hots for all those men?

    Shall I give you some more hot men? Hotter sex in the next book? What?

    Wait, I'm on the last round of edits. My editor says she's not quite ready for this one. Grrrr.

    TEN STARS? Wow.

    Shelly, I've just arranged a date with you and Nicolas, however, just so you know . . . he DOES bite on the first date. I wouldn't trust him further than I can . . . fart?

    I had fun reading this, and I'm the author of the book! I can't wait to see your next review. Mine or otherwise!

    I am hopeful that the second book is out this summer. I know. Not soon enough. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! But then after reading the first chapter I could tell that Lorelei is the real deal. I was hooked as well and as soon as I'm able I'm running to buy myself a copy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lorelie: I've got patience and nor do I mind love-nips. I'm excited for the next one to come out.

    @Dora Dee: Yes, she's the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the book review. I gotta admit, I'm all for a good vampire novel. Shh, don't tell :) Anyways, looking forward to what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by to visit folks on my lo-o-o-ng A-Z list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Russo: Thanks for stopping by. Oh,and I won't tell anyone. Your secret is safe with me.

    @Bob: Thanks for stopping by. Hope I didn't spook you away with the vampire review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an excellent review! I may be partial because I love Lorelei's writing though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heather thank you. Lorelei's writing is awesome. I'm looking forward to her next book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Beth, half the fun is the anticipation. I delight in torturing readers into waiting for the next book. I am using the last paragraph in the book before it as the lead in to the following one. ( None of which are published yet)

    Lorelei, I look forward to reading your book . Are you on Good Reads yet? ( As an exercise in masochism , I al attempting the 104 in 2011.)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think.