Today I thought I’d write about what keeps me writing. There’s really really more than five but I’ll keep it short and sweet. There are millions of projects sitting on burners to get to this morning, of course. Plus, I need to putz around this morning and write chapter twelve to “The Boy Next Door”. The characters have called another conference and I need to show up.
Ready or not, here are those five reasons, and not necessarily in the correct order. It’s five am.
1. I ‘m addicted to storytelling. Always have been. Ate lots of soap when I was a kid. An overactive imagination didn’t cut it with mom. Writing is a way of keeping myself from becoming a pathological liar. Good thing I opted for the pen and not the political world. Writing keeps me honest.
2. I ‘m also addicted to books, pens, papers, keyboards, English and Grammar classes, book clubs, libraries, and book stores. It’s pheromonic(did I make up my own word?) when their scents reach my nose. The lust and desire to write is uncontrollable. It burns my soul.
3. The voices in my head refuse to shut up. There’s so many of them that want their stories told. Maybe I’m delusional with Multiple Personality Disorder with a little schizophrenia. Hmmm. Anything is possible.
4. I get bored easy. The television. The radio. Housework. It’s boring. I have to write to entertain myself. The drama in my characters’ lives is more exciting and the best part is I get to control it without hurting anybody. Well, sometimes without hurting anybody. Sometimes I have to kill someone off. Oops.
5. Not only do I get to entertain myself, but I get to entertain others without being on center stage.
Now that I’ve shared my reasons, what are yours?
Happy blogging, writing, and reading ya’ll!!!
Okay. Being nudged by the sixth reason(told you guys there were more). One day I’ll excuse myself politely from the corporate world to write all day in my jammies. Can’t wait!!!!